Name:

Nothing to tell really.... random redhead and shortest musketeer in the block, sometimes goth, plays the mandolin badly, smokes too much and likes cheese, chillies and chocolate. Next!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Briefly back to the waistcoat

To be worn with a dark green velvet coat and breeches, with gold lace trim and peach/green shot taffeta lining. Which sounds quite diabolical but in fact isn't. Honest.

Actually this was just an excuse to share my favourite online fabric shop
Cheap Fabrics Online (www.cheapfabrics.co.uk) - can't get the link to work or I would have put up a link to the fabric samples :-( but if you have five minutes have a look at their site, they have some gorgeous stuff. Fabric for my wedding dress came from there, wine red silk. Mmmmmmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger rosemerry said...

Love your site Mistress Kit. I'm new to sewing but love historical dresses and such. I'm making an 1850's antebellum ball gown. Hey I'm american. So it's by butterick but a chick has to start somewhere.

I'll keep reading your blog. If you want to read mine it's: http://formerlostgirl.blogspot.com

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Isis said...

Found you through your post on yahoogroups. Being a curious cat I had to come and look. I always love looking at other's who sew, especially the 18th century, as that is the period I mostly roam in.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com