Name:

Nothing to tell really.... random redhead and shortest musketeer in the block, sometimes goth, plays the mandolin badly, smokes too much and likes cheese, chillies and chocolate. Next!

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Busy busy busy

Up at 7.45 am cutting out pattern for the black brocade polonaise from Janet Arnold's "Patterns of Fashion"

Three quarters of the wretched thing is pinned to the tailor's dummy when it occurs to me.... it's too dmnd big in the waist. Oh hell. Much pinning and pondering later, I still have an inch or two to play with (aren't I a lucky Kitty?) but that should get taken care of by the darts in the pattern at the back.

Oh - and finished the bodice for my authentic wedding next week at Cheriton. Can't find my 17th century stays so going for the 18th century version - oh well, one hopes no one's going to see my with my kit off except the man who's lacing me into it :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Darrin said...

what a smasher of an outfit. I should be so talented. (I should also have such hair!(g)

12:29 AM  
Blogger Mistress Kit said...

Why thank you.... most kind! - the hair's all my own, too :-)

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com