Name:

Nothing to tell really.... random redhead and shortest musketeer in the block, sometimes goth, plays the mandolin badly, smokes too much and likes cheese, chillies and chocolate. Next!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Does my bum look big in this?

Still sulking about the waistcoat. Spend the day sewing binding to the edges of my stays. Sewing through canvas with a leather needle is painful work. Bloodstains on my corset lining? how authentic!

Also thinking hard about underpinnings - cork rumps and all that. Not being entirely sure where one finds a cork rump - an *rse extension, to all intents and purposes - it would seem that an appropriate substitute would be the bum roll, the 17th century instrument of torture intended to make one's backside the size of a small planet. I haven't got one. (A bum roll, that is, not...) Before I start to make one I must consider just how big it needs to be. I'm thinking rolled-up pillows here. 5-6 inches in a crescent shape round the hips, tapering to nothing at the front so there's no bulk at the front of the skirt - just sides and back. I decide to try draping a skirt on the dummy when I've got the corset finished. Ideally the bigger the bum roll the better, within reason - more contrast between waist and skirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com